At Sheehy Hyundai of Waldorf, we want to make the leasing process as easy as possible for all our loyal customers. So, we've answered some questions people commonly ask when they're interested in leasing a new Hyundai vehicle. While do we our absolute best to answer any and all questions you might have about the Hyundai leasing process, we understand we might not have answered your question, so we urge you to contact us directly by calling us at Phone Number(301)685-6411, visit us at 2910 Crain Highway Waldorf, MD 20601 or fill out the contact form below!
Hyundai Leasing FAQ's
Do I need to have my vehicle maitenanced if I lease it?
- Yes, you are responsible for servicing your Hyundai based on the basic Hyundai service requirements. You are also required to bring your vehicle in for maintenance if your vehicle has an open recall on it.
What are the insurance requirements for leasing a Hyundai?
- You must have your state required bodily injury and physical damage insurance. Make sure to read your lease agreement very carefully and contact your insurance provider for more information on what insurances you are required to have and what plan works best for you. We also provide multiple different Hyundai insurance options that your Sheehy Hyundai leasing expert can walk you through.
What are my insurance options for leasing a Hyundai?
- We have multiple different types of Hyundai insurance options. Our Sheehy Hyundai leasing experts will walk you through all the different options and help you find the best plan that works for you and your lifestyle. Click here to learn more about our different Hyundai insurance options
I drive more than 15,000 miles a year, is leasing still a good option for me?
- Yes! You can always call and change your mileage plan. We also have special lease programs that will allow you buy more miles upfront at a lower cost than you would pay if at the end of your lease. Our dedicated Hyundai leasing experts are happy to help find the best mileage plan for you!
Are there any Hyundai loyalty benefits for returning customers?
- Yes! At Sheehy Hyundai of Waldorf, we love our loyal returning customers! All customers who have previously leased with us and Hyundai Motor Finance are eligible to receive up to a $900 loyalty reward! We'll waive up to $400 of your disposition/turn-in fee and we'll cover up to $500 of excess wear and use charges.
What do I do when my lease is up?
- About 4 months before your lease is up, you'll have to start your end of lease process and decide what your next steps are going to be. You can either, buy your current leased Hyundai, lease a new Hyundai, buy a different new Hyundai vehicle or simply return your leased Hyundai and walk away. Click on the links below to learn more about the end of lease process and your many different end of lease options.
Should I expect any charges after I end the lease on my vehicle?
- You may be held responsible for the following charges at the end of your lease term: excess wear and use, excess mileage, disposition/turn-in fee, any past due or unpaid monthly payments, any other fees (ex: unpaid late payment fees, taxes, tolls, etc.)
- Please make sure to read your lease agreement very carefully at the beginning of your lease term so you understand everything required of you during your lease term and don't end up with additional charges once your lease is over.
Do I need to cancel any electronic or automatic payments at the end of my lease?
- Yes! As soon as your last payment is made contact your bank or login into your HMFUSA account to cancel and scheduled reoccurring payments.
Can I buy my leased Hyundai when my lease is up?
- Absolutely! Click here to learn more about buying your leased Hyundai once your lease term is over.
By submitting your information, you agree to the sharing of your information between Hyundai Motor America and its authorized dealers.